Made to Order
Clea Pencil Dress - Jersey
We recommend measuring yourself to check which Tahlo size is best for you before ordering.
- Measure yourself without clothes on for accuracy.
- Consider the fit of the garment. We include detailed fit information on the product page specific for each garment.
- Review the Product Style Information for our main styles, which will give you more detailed information on the measurements and customisations of a specific style. It will also rate the fabric for stretch and ease of wear.
Our General Sizing (Australian)
Measurements shown in cm.
See the Product Style Information if you would like more detailed information about one of our key styles.
Our Fit Types
When considering how our clothes fit in real life, we take into account wearing and design ease.
Generally, our different fit types have a different amount of ‘room’ in them above the exact measurements to make wear comfortable, and achieve the design aesthetic of the garment. This is variable due to fabric and design specifics, but we have provided a generic range below of how much room to expect (in cm) to help those who are interested in this level of detail.
Note: This is an indicative guide only.
^ Waist measurements are too variable per designs to include in a general guide, based on fit, belting, tie waists, etc.
*Depends on specific characteristics of the fabric, but may be less than the measurement to fit tightly especially if in stretch fabric.
DELIVERYWe have two ranges: ‘Made to Order’ and ‘Ready to Ship’. They have different delivery windows, explained below.
Ready to Ship Range
Items in our Ready to Ship range are at hand and ready to send to you. If you make your order before 6pm your orders will be picked, packed and sent the next business day.
Made to Order RangeThe great thing about having your garment to order is that you can customise options to suit you, and choose from a wider range of figure flattering shapes and fabrics than would otherwise be possible. It also means you may just be the only woman in the world with that exact item, especially if you’ve chosen a limited edition, exclusive Tahlo print!
How long will my order take?
- We expect to have your item delivered to you within 14 days. So far we haven’t yet been longer than this time frame, but we’ve been shorter many times!
- We will send you an email when your garment is being tailored so you know things are progressing, including confirming your expected delivery date.
Got any questions? You’re always welcome to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily answer your questions.
RETURNSWe’ve spent a lot of time planning and fitting our designs on all shapes and sizes of women (not just one fit model), but if you don’t love what you ordered, you have 45 days to return it to us for an exchange or re-make.
How do I return my item?
- Lodge your intent to return your item on our website by completing our returns form. We ask you to do this so we know it’s coming and can help things go smoothly from our end.
- Mail your return back using the mailing information on the order form you received with your goods. (This is also listed at the bottom of the online return form in case you lost your order print out)
- Once we receive it, we will kick off the process to re-make your perfect piece based on what you told us the problem was.
In the unlikely event there are any quality issues, we will refund or exchange your item.
Part of our flexible and flattering Clea Dress family, the Clea Pencil Dress has the same signature crossover tie waist, but instead of a tulip skirt shape it has a sleek pencil skirt below the waist.
Made from breathable, comfortable and jersey that is comfortable for all-day wear, it is designed to show flattering shape without clinging or being tight. If you'd like more room in the skirt, you can try the Clea with the tulip skirt, which has more room in the skirt without being flared.
Note: for Made To Order, you can change the waist or skirt size relative to the rest of the dress. Please include this request in the order notes and we will confirm before cutting.
- Fabric: 65% Rayon, 30% Nylon, 5% Spandex
- Fabric look & feel: Breathable mid-weight jersey that is easy care, low wrinkle and comfortable for all-day wear.
- Lined: Skirt is lined in the pencil dress version
- Fastenings and zips: This is a pullover dress with no fastening or zips. The tie waist crosses over at the front to wrap around the body and tie back at the front, off centre.
- Sleeves: Various options available.
- Hem: Straight hem, moderate split at centre back.
- Extras: Wrap at waist is attached.
- Somewhat fitted - this garment is not designed to be tightly fitted but shows shape. The tie waist allows for flexibility in adjusting waist placement for slightly higher or lower waists. Waist has some stretch for comfort.
- Skirt fit - in this version of the Clea Dress, the attached skirt has darts below the waist. The fabric is not clingy, however the skirt is lined to ensure extra confidence on no cling. It is possible to size up the skirt part of the dress versus top to cater for larger bottoms - please add this by request to the notes at checkout.
- Length options: Various options available - proportions on wearer suit from above the knee to below the knee range. Changing the length does not change other dimensions of the dress.