Fit & Features - Dahlia Silk Dress
This style is designed to have a relaxed fit overall, however it can be fitted at the bust, depending on your bust size.
- Sizing - because of the relaxed fit below the waist, we recommend using your sizie at the bust / torso as an indicator of the right size. The image of model Sabrina (in pink), who normally wears a size 6 or 8 and can be seen in both a 6 and 8 in these photos, creating a different look based on the fit. The design of the skirt ensures no cling!
- The Dahlia comes in both tencel and stretch silk If selecting the stretch silk the slight stretch in fabric allows for additional ease of wear for broad shoulders. The Tencel has no stretch.
- We use two torso lengths for Made To Order Dahlia Dresses. The longer length was originally the standard fit, and we introduced a shorter torso edit to suit those petites or with a higher waist or who prefer a higher-waisted look. If you have a larger bust (that will pull the waist up) or long torso, or want the style not to sit under the bust, we recommend the longer waist edit.
- The difference between the placement of the shorter and longer waist is 3cm (measured from the top of your bra strap to the waist seam). The difference is within standard waist placements so though we offer both, either should be fine unless you're especially short or long waisted (which you would know about!).
There are various length options. Changing the length does not change other dimensions of the dress.
- "As it comes- Midi" standard length has a size 8 length from the top of the bra strap to the hem of approx. 112cm (midi length).
- "As it comes - Knee Length" standard length has a size 8 length of 90cm.